Rob Moore, Co-Founder of Progressive Property here! With all the uncertainty currently circulating the world, I decided that I’m going to give you some practical tips on how to protect your money from quantitative easing and debasement of your money, from massive increases in taxation and from massive increases of inflation.
I want to make sure that you don’t just survive this cost of living crisis, but you come out alive and might even thrive.
A quick summary of all the craziness that’s going on in the world:
- Brexit, COVID and lockdowns. We had businesses shutting down left, right and centre.
- We’re having double digit inflation with the Bank of England predicting 10% before the end of 2022.
- Massive quantitative easing, printing of funny Monopoly money, the debasement of YOUR currency.
- Your spending power is the lowest it’s been since WWII.
- Taxes have been going up and up and up.
- The mismanagement of our country and economy by a government who seem to have one rule for them and one rule for us.
- Markets are starting to drop, asset prices are starting to come down – maybe we’re moving into a correction, recession or EVEN a depression.
This is real and going on NOW. But, I want to give you some ways to protect yourself from the government.
Here are my TOP 5 ways to protect your money
Keep as little money as you can in the bank
You must NOT have cash in the bank that the government can debase. They can technically make a claim to your money in the bank. Banks don’t guarantee much of your cash. Only the first £85,000 of your money is protected by the FSCS. Remember this is per institution not account. So if you have 2 accounts with RBS (for example) one with £85,000 and the other with £15,000 and the bank goes bust – you are only protected for the first £85k. Meaning you will lose £15,000.
You need to have minimum cash in the bank because cash is trash and it’s at risk from inflation, debasement, money printing, lack of security and possible hacking. You need to get cash OUT of the bank (obviously you need cash for your living expenses, this is above that).
Move your money into investments
You can invest in gold, watches, cryptocurrencies, property, physical or digital assets. Real estate and property has long been one of the safest forms of investment.
Turn your cash or time into income
I’ve just finished nearly 200 units of developments and that will give me income of around £2m per year.
I put capital into this project, but that capital is better protected in those buildings that are going up in value, there’s equity, there’s growth – but most importantly, there’s income.
If the government shuts down your business, if an employer has to let you go, if access to certain assets and accounts are frozen – you still have income if you have assets that produce income.
You need to increase the VOLUME of income
This means increasing your prices, wages and adding on an income stream. You need to go from occurring to recurring to residual to relentless income.
One way to do this is to get into digital assets:
- Domain names – a create ROI when you factor in time used and money made
- Cryptocurrencies – this can including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether etc.
- NFTs – I recently launched my own range of Non Fungible Tokens. I’ve even offered advice on whether NFTs are legit and the 5 simply steps to understanding NFTs
- Membership sites
- Your social media brands – I currently utilise a range social media platforms including the Rob Moore Facebook community, the ever growing Rob Moore Tik Tok, the Rob Moore YouTube channel, and conversations on Clubhouse
- Monetisation tools
- Online courses and more!
Digital assets that produce lean income – you want no start-up capital, no staff, no overheads, no stock, no premises, no loans and go straight into frictionless income.
Protect your money by reducing your taxes
Even if you do EVERYTHING I say, you’ll probably still get taxed 55% if you’re a decent earner. You’ve got corporation tax and income tax, so you need to legitimately reduce your tax bill. ALWAYS get advice from a good accountant and always do your due diligence when you do your investments.
When I say “cash is trash, get away from cash and into digital assets”, a lot of people immediately think of crypto. No, don’t chuck it all into crypto – do your due diligence and make sure you diversify your assets.
The only way to reduce your taxes now and not later is to start a company. You need to set up a company online, really quickly for around £25/30.
You need a company so that you can claim your tax back and offset costs against your expenses.
My final thoughts on how to protect your money
You’ve got to protect yourself and your money from the government!
I want to give as many people as possible the best financial knowledge to combat this cost of living crisis. I get so many requests from people asking “How do I invest? What should I invest in? How do I protect myself? If I’m not an experienced investor, where do I start?”
Join Rob.team and access my new How to Invest series
I’ve just launched a 9-part Investment Series on my Rob.team members area called: How to Invest. So if you’d like to gain access to the 9-part, 10-hour, How to Invest series (without paying £1,000 or $1,000, which are the usual prices for my online courses), you need to become a Rob.team member!
You can have all of this when you join Rob.team for just £5 +VAT and you can cancel at ANY TIME no questions asked.
You will immediately get a course that hasn’t been sold to the public, is completely EXCLUSIVE to Rob.team members ONLY and that I would usually sell for £1,000+.
So don’t hang about otherwise you might miss out!
Have a question or wish to find out more? Then simply get in touch with me today and a member of my team will be on hand to help.