So I’ve just hit 100k followers on both Tik Tok & YouTube recently
It took me about 1/10th of the time to double each channel. I.e 90% of the time to hit 50k, & 10% of the time to double that to 100k.
That’s around 7 years to hit 500k followers on all channels, and 9 months to more than double that. The world has changed. Virality and growth are faster than ever. IF you know what you’re doing.
I never really celebrated when I made my 10th million, I never really celebrated. And I said to myself, I need to celebrate more. So my natural tendency would to be like “a hundred thousand subscribers. Great. Move on next.” But no, it’s a milestone. So we’re going to celebrate it here with this blog and video.
I was surprised to see that only 1% of YouTubers get to a 100K subscribers just cause there’s a few with a million doesn’t mean that we don’t have a good channel so we can celebrate it properly. There’s a big team behind us here. Um, we’ve got, how are you as head of the channel? We must have what, eight or nine in a team, plus video editors, audio editors, et cetera. My training business here, which, you know, on a good year, we’ll do 20 million. We have 75 odd staff up there, have a letting agency over there that probably has a dozen staff. I’ve got 1300 tenants and growing across. Real estate units. I’d love to be able to have all that managed.
I could be a full-time content creator, because I want to help as many people on this planet starting to grow their business and get better financial knowledge. I set up this YouTube channel to help people start and scale their business and get better. Financial education and knowledge are wanted to show anyone that they could turn their passion into their purpose.
Their ideas into income and they could change the world if they want. If you think about it, we merged together our podcast, the disruptive entrepreneur with the YouTube channel. So even though this YouTube channel is mine, my name, Rob Moore, we call it the Disruptive Entrepreneur show.
We’re trying to be unique in our content and, and bring together different niches and industries. I’ve probably only really been focusing on my personal brand and purely as a content creator, maybe for only three years properly, I’ve never put full time into it. Maybe I put an hour. 90 minutes a day into being a creator, but now more and more where I’m putting time into being a creator, I’d actually like to be a full-time creator.
What I learned from hitting 100k subs on YouTube
Here’s what I’ve learned, & what I’d do differently or better, to grow quicker in the future, & bust some of the myths of creating content & growth ‘hacking’:
1. Accept, engage & enjoy the critics. They help you grow your channels
2. It really is not hard to post consistently. 15-30 minutes a day can cover content daily on 2-3 channels
3. Commit to at least one year of consistency & see where it takes you
4. Interview & collaborate with people. There’s so many people out there with great reach, & you will grow faster together
5. You have to be prepared to fail. Have lots of content that doesn’t do well & not take it personally
6. Look at all the analytics regularly & tweak times, lengths, titles, intros accordingly
7. Watch time seems to be vital across most channels, so keep people engaged for as long as you can
8. Repurpose content from one channel to multi channel to leverage time, then get more specific to each channel as they grow
9. Engage in the comments as much as you can, this helps growth, engagement & community
10. Know your outcome: Build your following, attract ideal clients, monetise directly or generate leads & clients
11. If you can entertain as well as inform, your channels will grow quicker
12. Follow the 70-20-10 rule of content: 70% on topic (niche & personal), 20% news/engagement jacking, 10% making an offer
13. Follow the top Influencers, consume their content & save great content to learn from
14. Go live when you can. It seems to grow your channels & grows community loyalty
15. When you hit certain follower or watch time metrics, you will unlock many different monetisation tools.
16. ANYTIME a new platform comes out, jump on it early and test it. EARLY is important
17. Research trends, hashtags, high volume keywords & common questions your community has, & create content around what’s already desired
18. React fast to changes; there are more & more than ever before
19. Create a subscription platform; there are many & the world is moving that way…
So here’s the video and don’t forget to like and subscribe if you’re not already one of the 100k because it doesn’t stop here; We’ve got some big, big, big guests coming. Big, big guests. Watch this space. I can’t say who, because dates and times get moved around, but we’ve got a 17th billionaire, which we’re just talking about the date for that. We’ve got a couple of the, probably the most famous people in the world. Like the one person we just talked about this morning, he must be in the top five, most famous people in the world.